Translate

Friday 15 March 2013

Same Scene, Different Perspective (task 6)

-->
Act4. SC.1
Line 269-350
Beatrice and Benedick are together expressing their love and Talking about Hero.

Journal entry

Today I encountered Beatrice and Benedick discussing their love and the previous fray with hero and thy count Claudio. Although they did not know I was there, they continued to accompany each other in a loving conversation. As they talked on discussing the terrible events that had passed to the sweet and gentle Hero they also confessed their true love for each other. I must say I was quite pleased that our little plan to get them to fall for each other had worked! I had succeeded in wooing them together and I could not wait to see the face of Benedick “the married man”. But Then the Fray started… For the only way the fair Beatrice would accept the brave love of Benedick was if he would challenge the count Claudio to a duel. This Parlous news was the worst thing to happen today, first the accusing of Hero but then another conflict to deal with.

I couldn’t believe mine ears for this plan to get Beatrice and Benedick together was not meant to end this way! For the two did not truly love each other but know there must be a duel to the death between the two of my best friends. Oh what have I done, what have I done.

No comments:

Post a Comment